Now that the weather has turned cooler, the hot water bottle and winter doona have come out yet I long for summer still, so I was delighted to pick up a bargain bag of passionfruit from my greengrocer, which turned out to be the sweetest juciest passionfruit I’ve ever had. I took the opportunity to savour the last memories of summer with this vibrant smoothie.
Makes 2 serves
- 70g chia seed porridge (or 2 tbsp chia seed soaked in 60g water for 30 minutes)
- 1 passionfruit
- 1/3 lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 small carrot, unpeeled, diced
- 1.5 cup kale leaves
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 kiwi fruit, unpeeled
- 1.5-2 cm knob of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 290g iced water
- 1/4 cup parsley, stems removed (optional)
Blend for 30 seconds.